Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chamadumpa Vepudu | Taro Root Fry | Arbi Fry | Seppankizhangu Fry

When I was a little girl we use to grow Taro root in our back yard. To my knowledge we never brought this veggie from market for many years.
Though this fry consumes more oil than any others still it's worth having once in a while.


Ingredients
1/2 lb Taro Root
Oil (Enough to deep fry)
Salt 
Chili powder  

1. Boil Taro root in a vessel or you can just pressure cook them for 1 whistle. Let them cool down for a while.
2. Remove the skin or upper layer and cut them as thinas shown in the figure. 
3. Heat pan with oil filled till half of the pan. Once the oil is hot add the sliced veggie and deep fry them .
4. Once they start turning to brown color take them in to a vessel.
5.Add salt and chili powder to the fried root and mix them well.

* Serve with Rice and a spoon of ghee.
 

5 comments:

  1. Crispy taro root fry makes me hungry..my fav ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved ur version of taro root fry,perfect click too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chamadumpa vepudu is a tasty variety among fryes.Your recipe looks colourful n yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taro-- we call it arbi. My sis-in-law Vaidehi taught me a similar version with tamarind and curry leaves when she was visiting. I often just toss them in some sambar powder or even chili, salt and turmeric, and roast them. Cooked any way they are absolutely delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete